Discounted Registration Rates – Valid through May 15, 2020
Registration rates for the 2020 meeting are the same as for 2019.
- $600 ASV Member ( Renew Questions: email@example.com or call 734-764-9686 )
- $750 Non-member ( Membership Information )
- $500 Postdoc
- $475 Graduate student
- $325 Undergraduate student
- $250 Guest – Welcome Reception and Sat/Sun/Mon evening socials only
On-line registration fees will increase by $75 after May 15, 2020.
After June 1st all registration must be done on-site at a $150 extra cost.
Additional Events Fees
- $60 ASV Dinner on Tuesday, June 16th at the Fort Collins Hilton Hotel
Please note the dinner is limited to 600 people.
- $75 Any Satellite Symposium – Saturday, June 13th, 8:30am – 3:20pm, includes lunch.
- $10 Veterinary Virology Lunch (free to students & postdocs) – Sunday, June 14th
- $10 Plant Virology Lunch (free to students & postdocs) – Sunday, June 14th
- $15 ASV T-shirt
Meals: The conference registration fee includes the opening reception on Saturday, box lunches on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, dining hall dinners on Sunday and Monday, as well as snacks during the conference breaks, poster sessions, and evening socials. Breakfasts are only provided with on-campus housing.
Check-in and On-Site Registration: ASV 2020 on-site registration and the distribution of name badges and meeting materials for pre-registered participants will be at the Lory Student Center beginning Friday, June 12, 2020 (4 – 8 p.m.) and continuing throughout the meeting. Registered participants will receive a name badge, which must be worn for access to all ASV scientific sessions, conference events, satellite symposia, coffee breaks, and meals. There will be specific name badge designations for those registering for satellite symposia.
- Registration includes admission to the Saturday ASV Welcome Reception, all ASV scientific sessions, poster sessions, and evening socials. The fee also covers all conference coffee breaks, lunches, and all dinners (Sunday-Monday). The Tuesday gala dinner is an additional fee. Please note that there are a limited number of tickets (600) available for this dinner event. Drink tickets for selected social events are also included.
- Student and Post-doc registration covers all of the above items and events.
- Guest registration includes admission only to the Welcome Reception, evening socials, and the lunches Sunday – Tuesday and dinners Sunday and Monday; no admittance to conference sessions is allowed. The Tuesday dinner is an additional fee.
Cancellation and Refunds: Requests for cancellation of registration must be made in writing by email or by phone to Colorado State University Conference Services team (firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 970-491-6222) to receive a refund of fees paid, less a $75 administrative fee. There will be no refunds for cancellation requests received after 4:59 p.m. May 15, 2020. In the unlikely event that ASV 2020 is cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen circumstances, registration fees will be fully refunded. However, neither Colorado State University Conference & Event Services nor ASV can be held responsible for other expenses, including cancellation or change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organizations.
Accommodations for disabilities: ASV encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If special accommodations are needed or there are questions about the physical access provided, please contact: You can also contact CSU Conference Services at email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the conference to arrange appropriate accommodations.
International visitors from countries other than the United States must all have a valid passport, and some will also require travel visas. Online applications for visas can be found at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html. ASV recommends that you apply for your visa at least 4 to 5 months prior to your departure date, i.e., for the June meeting you should apply in February. Individuals requiring an official letter of invitation in order to obtain a visa or permission to attend the meeting may request one from Jeff Wilusz, ASV 2020 local host, at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, to obtain an official letter of invitation, applicants must first register and pay meeting registration fees for the conference, per ASV policy. The letter does not imply that Colorado State University or ASV will cover any travel expenses or conference fees for the registrant.
**NEW for 2020** Early decision for abstracts for those needing visas.
To help our international attendees secure visas in time to travel to ASV 2020, ASV is offering early abstract decisions to those who will be applying for visas. Simply indicate ‘YES’ on the abstract submission form field ‘Early Decision for Visa Application’ and submit your abstract beginning Friday, December 13. ASV will let you know within one week if your abstract has been accepted. This early acceptance will NOT indicate whether your abstract will be an oral or poster presentation. No revisions will be allowed after submission if you request an early decision. All abstracts must be submitted by January 31, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.